leominster-mansionThe Manor of Burton is mentioned in the Domesday Book it is probable the name Burton is of Saxon origin, being derived from the Saxon words Burh and ton, meaning fortified dwelling place.

The surviving rolls of the Manor began in the reign of Edward III, 1331, and it was here that Henry, Prince of Wales (later Henry V), stationed his troops to watch the movements of Owen Glendower.

The most notable of the squires of Eardisland and Lords of the Manor of Burton were the Brewster and the Clowes families.

The Brewsters first appear in the middle of the 17th Century and remained in continuous occupation until 1865. Dr William Brewster was baptized at St Mary’s Eardisland in 1665. He was an eminent scholar of his time and when he died in 1715 he left some of his magnificent collection of books to All Saints Church, Hereford, where they formed the famous chained library; now housed in Hereford Cathedral.

Burton Court is a very haunted location with regular sightings of full apparitions and lots of paranormal activity such as poltergeist happen here on a regular basis and has been witnessed and reported by many visitors to the building.
The Norman cellars are an unnerving place to be in the darkness and have recently become a  plethora of activity where large strange lights have been seen shooting down a corridor only to disappear, during a very recent investigation at the Mansion a table in the cellar has been lifted and tipped over by an unseen presence.

The servant’s quarters and corridors have been extremely active very recently with a deep moaning sound heard and stone throwing along with lots of movements as if someone or something is very close by.Also not forgetting the equally active Great Hall and Billiard Room where items have been reported to have been moved around on numerous occasions.

For more information on future events visit www.DuskTillDawnEvents.co.uk The Ghost Hunting Company